100 PHOTOS PROJECT : "RETOUR A L'ENFANCE"/"BACK TO CHILDHOOD"

RETOUR A L'ENFANCE

This project is my interpretation of a childhood memory. When I was a child, my mother always took my sister and I to the big park in our town, usually after school. I remember having the time of my life there. I can still see myself enjoying the activities and facilities as well as the feeling I had playing for hours with other kids whose names I didn't even know etc..... These are amazing memories and a feeling I wish I could replicate.  

This is the reason why I decided to relive that moment as a 20 year old. I wanted to replicate the feeling of nostalgia, magic and peace that I feel when I look back on these sweet memories. To accentuate this idea, I added a blue tint to the images to mimic the way I see and replay these childhood images in my head.

I also took the decision not to add a name to the images. 

Here are a few of my favorites 







If you want to see more, the images are available on my flicker :) 

 https://www.flickr.com/photos/197586161@N06


PRODUCING PRINTS AND A BOOK

We also had to print the picture in a 11x14 format "exhibition format" as well as a photo tbook. 

    Producing prints and books for the exhibition Wriston hallway was more interesting experience than I expected it to be, Not only did I have to use PhotoShop to edit and prepare the images for print, but also collaborate with my peers to select and frame the prints. To be honest,  my orignal pictures did not have the blue hue to them. After my first trial at printing, I had to arrange the hue of the colors for the prints as the colors did not come out as good as I planned it in my head. However after many trials and error, I was able to end up with something even better than what I expected. 

It was fascinating to see how my images went from digital files to tangible prints, and the process helped me appreciate my work more, as if it came alive. 

The highlight of this experience was when I received a message from my friend who works at Wriston, recognized my work and complimented it. It was unexpected but it felt good to be recognized. 

On the other hand, the photo book was also a very interesting process for me. I loved sorting between the images, analyzing them in more details, finding differences and similarities. It was like rediscovering my work another time which I LOVED. It gave me an idea of how other people can feel/ react when being exposed to my images for the fist time. 

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés