SOUNDSCAPE

 Everything we do is music... Actually Everything is music 

    For this project, I was inspired by how my alarm works and how it gradually adds sounds to create organized music. Even though the alarm temporarily annoys me in the morning, there are days when I like to listen to the alarm until it ends and just enjoy the sound. 

The genre I chose to create my short piece of music is Afrobeat. African music is becoming more and more popular and trendy in many countries. And I am certainly following this trend too. I didn't used to listen to so many African songs, but ever I started studying abroad in the United States, I feel the need to stay connected to my culture, especially through music. 

However, when trying to use Garage Band, I found it difficult to create an Afro sound from scratch, as I am not a musician. I also realized that the application lacked afro samples: I ended up using reggaeton, hip hop and jazz samples. The end result sounds very much like a movie or documentary soundtrack, which was not originally intended but works perfectly anyway.

MOTHERLAND

design made by merci dsgn 



Where a visual space is an organized continuum of a uniformed connected kind, the ear world is a world of simultaneous relationships. (McLuhan, 111) [There is] no advantage in our remaining locked up in each cultural cycle as in a trance or dream  [as we need to] discoverer the means of living simultaneously in all cultural modes while quite conscious. (McLuhan, 120) 

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés