UPDATE!

IS IT AN UPDATE? 

The project is progressing... not fast enough, but it could be worse. As I expected, I've had trouble sticking to the initial schedule. By week 2, I was supposed to have transferred all my images and pictures and should have been set with the music (copyright or possible collaboration with another artist). In reality, I was able to transfer my personal images but am still trying to get extra footage from a friend. Unfortunately, I still haven't decided what to do about the copyright. I've also started editing, but finding the right order for each image is more difficult than I imagined. That's why I decided I needed to incorporate some narrative... 

What is the purpose of the video? Who are the people in it?  Do I want to include their names? Leave them anonymous? Should I use voice-over? Or use subtitles? These are all the questions I had to answer and so far am still trying to. 

I decided that if I chose the trip to Puerto Rico, the story would be about a group of students discovering the Isla del Encanto. 

I should also mention the idea of nostalgia. How does this film relate to reality? The answer is in the way we always try to hold on to the memories from our past experiences. 

Other potential ideas: 

Music/Sound

  • Accentuate Idea of nostalgia
  • Link to the history of PR  
  • Culturally/political statement? 
  • Match video 
These points may be a little confusing, but basically, knowing the history of Puerto Rico, and listening to my Puerto Ricans friends, It feels wrong to create a Cinematic Travel Vlog without mentioning the political context. That is why I am starting to move towards a more cultural film rather than a vlog...

Here is a sneak peek :) 






Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés